I've married lots of LGBTIQ+ couples. I'm passionate about marrying people from my tribe. I love being able to tell their stories and see the pride in their eyes when I tell their love story. And the emotion at these weddings is often way off the scale.
I’m a civil celebrant. I’m also gay and have long been an active advocate for marriage equality – check out more about that in the About section of my website.
A few things that differentiate me from other celebrants:
- My understanding of LGBTI couples - I'm well linked in to Melbourne's LGBTI community. As 'family', you can feel safe with me, from your very first point of contact. I understand the sensitivities that can play out for LGBTI couples.
- My expert knowledge - I’m the first celebrant in Australia to complete the Certificate in Gay and Lesbian Weddings, conducted by the US Gay Wedding Institute. I know about the latest trends in LGBTI weddings
- My level of service - from the first time I meet with you until I present you to your guests at the end of your wedding ceremony, I’ll do whatever’s needed, to draft and deliver a cracker ceremony, that’s memorable for all the right reasons
- My availability – as a full-time celebrant, I’m likely to have more time available to meet with you as often as we need to, when you’re free, and to work on your ceremony, to make it perfect. And I'm happy to travel all over Melbourne and regional Victoria, as well as interstate, to plan and deliver ceremonies
- My strong writing skills – my career as a senior public servant and a former English teacher has ensured I have really advanced writing skills. Having been an executive leader in Government means you can be confident that I’ll keep calm under pressure on your wedding day.
- My flair – I use the pizzazz I gained as a former drama teacher, in delivering your ceremony, making best use of the wedding space and ensuring your ceremony is interesting to look at, for your guests.
If you’re gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or an intersex person and are considering a ceremony, that’s where I come in!
Let’s work together to create a ceremony that’s authentic, personal and unique. Then I’ll officiate at your ceremony at any location, at any time, on any day of the year, subject to my availability. If you like, I’ll happily work alongside a spiritual leader from your faith whom you’d like to be involved.
If you’d like to check my availability on your special day or would like to have an initial chat, please email me or call me on0410 456 327.