Kerrie from Luxe Unforgettable Events answers all your questions in our magazine about Planners, On The Day Coordinators, Full Service Planners and Venue Coordinators, but first here's a quick industry insight from an experienced Wedding Planner about the reason why you would hire a Planner for your big day. On first thought hiring a wedding planner may seem extravagant, but the reality is that partnering with a wedding planner and an event coordinator will save you time, money and heartache.
A wedding planner works with you to design a custom package to suit your exact requirements, so you can personalise your wedding and special event every step of the way. This ensures every aspect of your special event is uniquely tailored for you and within your budget.
Your wedding planner of choice should have experience in event design and production, venue and supplier relationship development, contract negotiation, logistics and budgeting – ensuring that you have a superior client service experience and outcome.
What are the advantages of hiring a wedding planner?
- They have the expertise and access across the wedding industry, for example, to vendors and venues.
- They will save you time and money by their depth of knowledge and access to appointments, arrangements and contacts that can be seamlessly made for you. This would otherwise take you months of researching, interviewing and chasing up of quotes for the required suppliers and venues – they also know what is the perfect ‘fit’ for each client and their budget as it relates to suppliers and vendors.
- Experienced wedding planners are masters of planning and logistics – they can, or should be able to, instantly give you the information that you need regarding anything you might need to know and when you need to know it about your wedding planning and the day itself.
How many hours would a planner work with a couple on average?
- Identify your budget, style (or theme) and preferred locations before you engage with suppliers, vendors and venues.
- If you do opt for a wedding planner, make sure in the contract that your planner of choice has only one engagement on your day.
- Finally, if there is no chemistry or connection with a wedding planner keep looking for the one that will be the perfect fit for you, your partner and the big day. This is the critical element that will ensure that those moments become the memories that you will hold dear and share for years to come.
Luxe Unforgettable Events
Other Advice Articles: